Bollywood mourns loss of two of its most versatile actors – Entertainment News



May 1, 2020 / 6:30 am | Story:
298830

Drake’s lavish mattress set him back a staggering $392,000, making him the only person in the world to own the luxury horsehair model.

It took four people 600 hours to make the Grand Vividus model via Swedish company Hastens, it was revealed in a feature on the 33-year-old Canadian hitmaker’s home for Architectural Digest.

There are further luxuries incorporated into the headboard of the bed, which is accented with antique mirror and channel-tufted leather, and contains a whiskey-and­-champagne bar on the reverse side.

The Toosie Slide star also revealed he hired Hastens designer Ferris Rafauli to create his home, which boasts a two-storey wardrobe of designer bags for his “future wife,” a Bosendorfer grand piano customized by artist Takashi Murakami, and a 20,000-piece Swarovski crystal light installation.

There’s also a full-size indoor basketball court and a world-class recording studio in the Toronto mansion, with the God’s Plan hitmaker commenting: “Because I was building it in my home town, I wanted the structure to stand firm for 100 years.

“I wanted it to have a monumental scale.”


May 1, 2020 / 6:28 am | Story:
298829

Nick Cordero is suffering more setbacks on the road to recovery following his coronavirus diagnosis.

While the Broadway star recently tested negative for the virus, he remains in a coma following an intense battle with COVID-19, which resulted in him having one of his legs amputated and a temporary pacemaker fitted due to an irregular heartbeat.

The Tony Award-winning actor’s wife, Amanda Kloots, has been updating fans on his progress online and, on Thursday, she revealed it had been a “very hard couple of days due to more health traumas.

“It started off with low blood count and luckily Nick’s CT scans came back clear of internal bleeding as of now, so that was a huge blessing, huge blessing,” she said. However, she added “that due to Covid, Nick’s lungs are severely damaged.”

“(His lungs) look like he’s been a smoker for 50 years, they said. They’re that damaged,” she explained. “There are holes in his lungs, where obviously you don’t want holes to be.”

Doctors discovered the lung damage after finding a low oxygen count, prompting a closer look and a cleaning of the actor’s lungs.

“I think the plan today is to do a scan with ink to light up his lungs so that they can get a better picture of what’s going on,” Kloots explained. “They want to find out from this culture what the fungus is so that they can specifically give the right medication to attack that fungus.”

She added: “He’s been fighting. He’s been fighting really hard. He told me that if it was his brother in there, that he would not be giving up hope…So I’m not giving up hope. I am not giving up hope.”

The Rock of Ages actor has been fighting for his life in a Los Angeles hospital intensive care unit since last month, when he was initially thought to be suffering from pneumonia.


May 1, 2020 / 6:25 am | Story:
298828

Channing Tatum and Jessie J’s on-off romance appears to be back on after the pair was spotted enjoying a motorbike ride in Los Angeles.

The two stars were snapped enjoying the outdoors together on Wednesday, just weeks after they reportedly broke up for the second time. The Magic Mike was spotted driving the bike as the singer clutched on to him.

The news of the apparent reunion comes days after the 32-year-old Brit posted a dedication to the actor on Instagram to mark his 40th birthday on Monday.

“Happy 40th Birthday to this special man right here,” she wrote alongside a photo of Tatum. “You are truly one of a kind. I am so grateful you were born, and even more grateful we met.”

The couple started dating in 2018 after Channing split from his wife Jenna Dewan – the mother of the actor’s six-year-old daughter, Everly.


May 1, 2020 / 6:20 am | Story:
298827

Chris Pratt is offering two lucky movie fans the chance to be eaten by a dinosaur in the next Jurassic World film.

The Hollywood star is the latest celebrity to take part in the All-In Challenge project, for which stars offer amazing prizes in exchange for donations to coronavirus relief efforts.

After being challenged to take part by Justin Bieber, Chris went the extra mile and offered two “recognizable” roles as a dinosaur’s lunch in the upcoming Jurassic World: Dominion.

The Parks and Recreation star said in a video that it had taken him two weeks “pulling all the strings necessary” to convince studio Universal Pictures chiefs to agree to the challenge.

He added: “You are guaranteed to be recognizable, not cut out the movie, absolutely in the movie forever, cemented, your legacy, forever, eaten by a dinosaur in a movie.”

However, a listing on the All-In Challenge website states there is no guarantee, “that such appearance will be included in the final production or that the production will be released at all.”

There are two chances on offer, one via sweepstake costing $10 to enter and another going to the highest bidder.

All money raised will go to charities Meals On Wheels, No Kid Hungry and America’s Food Fund, helping to provide meals to those going hungry during the Covid-19 pandemic.

After announcing the prize, Chris then challenged three of his Avengers: Endgame co-stars, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr to take part and offer their own rewards to donors.


| Story:
298826

Two of India’s most beloved movie stars, Irrfan Khan and Rishi Kapoor, died within a day of each other this week, and though they came from two very different worlds and two very different schools of acting, both leave behind a treasure of cinematic work and millions of grieving fans.

This double whammy for India’s Hindi-language film industry, known as Bollywood, comes amid a crippling coronavirus lockdown that has brought the entertainment business — along with so much else — to a complete halt.

“It seems we are in the midst of a nightmare,” popular actor Akshay Kumar tweeted.

In normal times, the funerals for two of Bollywood’s most-admired actors would mean tens of thousands of fans gathering to bid them goodbye. Instead, their ceremonies were held in the presence of a handful of family and friends, surrounded by police.

The 54-year-old Khan died Wednesday after battling a rare cancer, while the 67-year-old Kapoor had leukemia and died Thursday.

The career trajectories of both actors reflect the changing contours of Bollywood, which in the past traversed two parallel streams of arthouse cinema and commercial films. The growing acceptance and box-office viability of content-driven films over the last two decades gave the two a chance to cross paths and act in movies that were both critically acclaimed and popular.

A trained stage actor, Khan started his career with television and found work in new-age Bollywood, which was experimenting with visceral themes reflecting India’s social and political fault lines in the 1990s.

It took years of roles in small films before Khan made it to the Bollywood big leagues. Balancing arthouse movies with popular commercial fare, Khan went on to play a wide array of roles including an intensely tormented lover in “Maqbool,” an adapation of “Macbeth,” and a gentle immigrant in Mira Nair’s “The Namesake.”

Unlike other Bollywood superstars with mega-stylized personas, the versatile Khan brought a rare intelligence and empathy to his characters over his 30-year career.

“He managed to walk off the screen and come home with us,“ wrote film critic Shubhra Gupta in the Indian Express newspaper.

One of the best-known Indian faces in world cinema , Khan crossed over to Hollywood with ease, playing a variety of parts in movies like “Slumdog Millionaire,” “Life of Pi” and “The Amazing Spider Man.”

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said in a tweet that Khan was an “ incredible talent” and “left his imprint on global cinema.”

“Gone too soon. When he is on screen, you can’t take your eyes off of him. He lives on in his films,” tweeted Hollywood filmmaker Ava Duvernay.

Kapoor’s cinematic journey could not have been more different.

Kapoor was a third-generation actor, born with showbiz in his blood. His grandfather Prithiviraj Kapoor and father Raj Kapoor were legendary actors of their time.

Rishi Kapoor started young, receiving the National Award, India’s preeminent film award, for his role as a child artist in his father’s 1970 film “Mera Naam Joker.”

“Acting was in my blood and there was simply no escaping it,” Kapoor wrote in his 2017 autobiography.

The runaway success of the teenage romance “Bobby” in 1973 made him a Bollywood heartthrob and a string of romantic, musical blockbusters followed.

The charming lover boy of the 1970s and 1980s went on to become one of the most dependable actors of his time and appeared in some of Bollywood’s most-loved films, including “Amar Akbar Anthony” and “Chandni.”


May 1, 2020 / 6:15 am | Story:
298825

Anderson Cooper is a father, a milestone the CNN anchor says for a while he didn’t believe would ever happen.

Cooper announced the birth of his son, Wyatt, Thursday evening on his show and in a lengthy Instagram post. His son was born on Monday via a surrogate, the newsman said, and is named after his father who died when Cooper was 10.

“On Monday, I became a father. I’ve never actually said that before out loud, and it still kind of astonishes me,” Cooper said on his show, “AC360.”

The anchor said he felt it was important, amid stories about those who are suffering and dying during the coronavirus pandemic, to “hold on to moments of joy.”

The segment included several photos of the newborn.

“As a gay kid, I never thought it would be possible to have a child, and I’m grateful for all those who have paved the way, and for the doctors and nurses and everyone involved in my son’s birth,” Cooper wrote on Instagram. “Most of all, I am grateful to a remarkable surrogate who carried Wyatt, and watched over him lovingly, and tenderly, and gave birth to him.”

Cooper, 52, said he regretted that his parents and brother were not alive to meet his son. Cooper’s mother, Gloria Vanderbilt died in July at 95.

The Instagram post included a photo of Cooper feeding his son a bottle. The baby’s middle name, Morgan, is also a family name. It was a name his parents considered for Cooper, according to a list he recently found.


May 1, 2020 / 5:42 am | Story:
298816

Queen and singer Adam Lambert have a message for workers on the frontline of the COVID-19 fight: “You Are the Champions.”

Brian May, Roger Taylor and Lambert recently gathered virtually to record a new version of the Queen classic, “We Are the Champions.”

“You Are the Champions” was released early Friday on all streaming and download services, with proceeds going to the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.

“I thought, this is a great way to use the legacy that we have to do some good in the world,” May said.

“You know, we don’t really need to make money anymore. We don’t need to be any more famous. We need to use what we have in the best possible way.”

For May the release comes at a time of great sadness. The guitarist earlier this week lost a friend who he likened was like a brother to him, to the virus.

“That’s the closest it’s come to me physically,” he said, adding it’s given real meaning to the death tolls broadcast daily on television.

“Each one of those is a family tragedy,” May said. “Each one of those people lose a loved one.

“I think psychologically the human race is going to be very damaged.”

For Taylor, the song also has personal significance as his daughter Rory Eleanor Taylor works as a doctor in a London hospital.

“She’s actually in the video with her little cards, displaying advice about isolating, etc.”

The music video shows caregivers and frontline workers from across the world as well as empty city scenes and the band performing in their homes.

For most people, the new coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough, that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe or fatal illnesses, including pneumonia.

Lambert, who joined the track from his Los Angeles home, thinks the song really hits a positive note that everyone is in this together.

“There’s a sense of unity that’s happening around the world, even though it’s, you know, in a negative, scary time,” Lambert said. “I think that we’re all understanding each other a little bit more right now. And it’s sort of levelling everything out a bit.”

“It’s only through our connection and our love for each other are we going to get through it together,” he said.

The band hopes the charity single will provide some consolation after the pandemic forced them to cancel the 27-show UK and European leg of their biggest ever tour.


Apr 30, 2020 / 6:55 am | Story:
298727

Kate Hudson bashfully admitted her sex life has had a positive boost during the coronavirus lockdown as she took part in a no holds barred interview on Watch What Happens Live on Tuesday night.

The 41-year-old actress is in isolation alongside partner Danny Fujikawa, their daughter Rani Rose and Kate’s sons Ryder and Bingham, from previous relationships. And while there are definitely challenges in maintaining social distancing guidelines, Kate revealed her bedroom activities have improved thanks to the lockdown.

When host Andy Cohen asked if she thinks her sex life has improved in recent weeks due to the lockdown, Kate replied: “Yeah. I do. I think it’s even more than that. I think it’s positive for knowing that I’m with the right person.

“There’s nobody else I’d want to be quarantined with right now. He’s just the best.”

Elsewhere in the interview, which saw Kate interviewed virtually alongside brother Oliver to promote their Sibling Revelry podcast, the Bride Wars star revealed she’s built up something of an Instagram friendship with actress Michelle Pfeiffer, despite not knowing her very well in real life.

“There are some people I feel like I have an Instagram love fest with, like Michelle Pfeiffer,” she smiled. “I don’t really know her, we’ve never really spent any time together but we’re always DM-ing each other a lot. She posted this thing, a Scarface post. And ugh, I just love her.”


Apr 30, 2020 / 6:50 am | Story:
298726

Sam Smith’s new album will explore the singer’s “queerness.”

Last year, Smith opened up about their gender in a candid social media post, revealing they’re gender non-binary and prefer to identify with “they/them” pronouns.

Speaking during a recent interview on ABC Radio, the star discussed their forthcoming third album, which is expected to be released later this year, and confessed the collection is “really deep into exploring my gender (and) exploring my queerness.”

“I changed my pronouns and I was feeling so happy to be myself,” they said. “I was going out in Los Angeles a lot and I was dancing and I was drinking loads, having a wonderful time with all my friends.

“I went into the studio, and the guys who were writing with me said: ‘What do you want to say?'”

The Stay with Me hitmaker’s new album, originally titled To Die For, had been scheduled to drop in May, but due to the Covid-19 crisis they pressed pause on the release, and plans to rework and rename the collection in response to the global pandemic.

“I have done a lot of thinking the last few weeks and feel that the title of my album and imminent release doesn’t feel right, so I have come to the decision to continue working on the album and make some important changes and additions,” Sam said.

“I will be renaming my album and pushing back the release date – both of which are to be confirmed at this time.”


Apr 30, 2020 / 6:46 am | Story:
298725

Post Malone is handing out $1 million to fans, so they can give it to charities of their choice.

After raising over $4 million by staging a virtual Nirvana covers gig on Friday night, the rapper is still in a giving mood and he wants financially-strapped fans to be able to give cash away.

“Not everyone has the ability to financially support causes that may be close to them or that have helped them in the past,” the Circles hitmaker says. “The fans are the absolute best and I want to give them the chance to give to charities that mean something to them.”

The donations will support charities benefitting COVID-19 frontline responders, disaster relief, education, homelessness, mental health, and veterans.

Post Malone will personally select the causes that will split his donation from submissions texted to his Community phone number (817-270-6440).

Community is a conversation platform that enables direct, meaningful and instant communication, all through text messaging.

The $1 million hand-out comes two days after Malone made chart history in the U.S. by grabbing his 34th week in the top 10 with his hit Circles. The track has now spent more weeks in the top 10 than any other.


Apr 30, 2020 / 6:41 am | Story:
298724

Elton John and U2 have teamed up to record a version of Bang a Gong (Get It On) on a new album paying tribute to Marc Bolan and his band T. Rex.

The 26-track album AngelHeaded Hipster, helmed by veteran producer Hal Willner – who passed away earlier this month due to complications from coronavirus – also features contributions from the likes of Nick Cave, Joan Jett, Marc Almond, Kesha, Lucinda Williams and Father John Misty.

Cave’s version of Bolan’s 1971 track Cosmic Dancer has already been released and is available here.

The new album will accompany a new documentary on the singer, who died in 1977 when a Mini 1275GT driven by singer Gloria Jones that he was traveling crashed into a tree in south London.


Apr 30, 2020 / 6:38 am | Story:
298723

Britney Spears almost burned her house down when a lit candle set fire to her gym.

The pop star posted video of her workout while in self-isolation on Instagram on Wednesday and revealed the mishap came close to destroying her home gym last year.

“Hi guys, I’m in my gym right now. I haven’t been in here for like six months because I burnt my gym down, unfortunately,” the Toxic singer said at the top of the video. “I had two candles, and, yeah, one thing lead to another, and I burnt it down. So, I’m in here and we only have two pieces of equipment left.”

“I burnt it down,” she wrote underneath the footage. “I walked past the door to the gym and flames BOOM!!! By the Grace of God the alarm went off after that and yippy hoorah nobody got hurt.

“Unfortunately, now I have only two pieces of equipment left lol and a one-sided mirror gym! But it could be much worse so I’m grateful. Pssss I like working out better outside anyways!”

More Entertainment News



Source link



Share on Google Plus

About Nibaz

0 Comments:

Post a comment